The Metal Scholar's Weekly Listening List (17th November 2020)

A Funny Thing Happened This Week

I think for the first time since I can remember, I've had a week where I've barely listened to anything. Before the alarm bells start to ring, I have not lost my passion for it or my motivation, I think my mind has just taken a sabbatical without informing me first. My time this week has been predominantly filled by reading, audiobooks and random writing. It feels as though my mind has had a bit of a break, refreshing itself for something that I am yet to find out. Either way, like I've said before, sometimes you just need a break and by filling my mind with stories of Anglo-Saxon kings, ancient British history alongside the sagas and mythology of Britain, it is plenty of brain food for future musical endeavours. Like I said last week, as we edge towards the new year releases become few and fair between, but I think I will make an effort to seek out any that I have potentially missed this year. I mean, I'm going to have to do something to stem the tide of Christmas music being played stupidly early. Yes, it's that time of year again, I haven't heard any Mariah Carey yet but I want to dropkick that song out the door before the first note is played. Anyway, lets get one with this week's lists! 

Singles Of The Week

I. Maestus (🇺🇸) - My Hope, The Destroyer (Glossolalia Records), Blackened Doom Metal

II. Déluge (🇫🇷) - Gloire Au Silence (Metal Blade Records), Black Metal

III. Shaidar Logoth (🇺🇸) - Consume Pieces Of God (Sentient Ruin Laboratories), Black Metal

IV. Hexis (🇩🇰) - Exstirpo (Bloated Veins), Black Metal

V. Tribulation (🇸🇪) - Leviathans (Century Media Records), Gothic/Black Metal

VI. Bongripper (🇺🇸) - Doom (The Great Barrier Records), Instrumental Stoner/Sludge/Doom Metal

VII. Pulchra Morte (🇺🇸)  - The Serpent's Choir (Transcending Records), Doom/Death Metal

VIII. Saħħar (🇲🇹) - Belt Stuprata (Independent), Black Metal

IX. Holy Death (🇺🇸)  - Deus Mortis (Independent), Death/Doom Metal

X. Völur (🇨🇦) - Dead Moon (Prophecy Productions), Ambient Folk/Doom Metal


Albums Of The Week

I. Déluge (🇫🇷)  - Ã†go Templo (Metal Blade Records), Black Metal

II. Bongripper (🇺🇸) - Satan Worshipping Doom (The Great Barrier Records), Instrumental Stoner/Sludge/Doom Metal

III. Pulchra Morte (🇺🇸)  - Ex Rosa Ceremonia (Transcending Records), Doom/Death Metal

IV. Holy Death (🇺🇸)  - Deus Mortis (Independent), Death/Doom Metal

V. Völur (🇨🇦) - Death Cult (Prophecy Productions), Ambient Folk/Doom Metal


Throwback Of The Week

This week's throwback is a slightly odd one but one that will always be an album linked with loads of memories. I always enjoyed this album from the very first time I heard it and I still think it's the best Rammstein album there is, as it has all the best hits on there! This week's throwback is;

Rammstein (🇩🇪) - Sehnsucht (Vertigo/Capitol), Neue Deutsche Härte


 Favourite Track - Sonne

Weekly Listening Playlist

Comments