The Miscellaneous Goings On Of Tom - The Autumnal Vibes Are Strong


 

From Lashing Of Rain On The Window To Falling Leaves, Autumn Is On The Way

I don't know about you guys, but I certainly have been feeling very autumnal lately. It is my favourite time of year, with all the bright and vibrant oranges, reds and yellows blazing the treetops as pumpkins grow ripe, ready for Hallowe'en. With the temperatures dropping, I am ready to pull out all the jumpers and hoodies I own again. Only yesterday I participated in one of my favourite past times, a cup of tea with book in hand while it thundered and rained outside. I have definitely missed that cosy feeling over the summer months! Aside from getting excited for autumn, I have been absolutely hammered by shifts at my actual job over the past few weeks, so I feel that my blogging output has been as much as I wanted it to be. Which of course has frustrated me, but we have to do what we have to do to pay the bills. I definitely get these periods where I can't put out as much and I do genuinely hate them because I love writing stuff, nothing I can do but get on with it! Anyway, it's been a strange month for many reasons, mostly felt like a blur and I can't believe we've nearly reached September. Even with it's full on onslaught of my mind, body and soul, August has had it's positives. One thing I have started to cement in my mind is my future travel plans for 2021. I've reached a point in my life where, as corny as it sounds, I need to find myself and really think about what I want to do with my life. Overcoming the societal expectation that life stops at 25 with a career, house and family has been a hard mentality to shift out of but it has opened up so much more opportunity and perspective for me and taken a lot of stress off mentally, so there could be Fjordhammer Travels in the not too distant future! Another aspect that has got me excited this week is how close the blog is to smashing the target I set myself for this year, we're just over 800 hits away from smashing 10,000 hits! Its so humbling to know that the hard work I've put into this blog in my spare time is starting to pay off. This continuous growth has been paired somewhat with my own journey recently, continual positive growth in the best way possible. It's even more humbling that my thoughts and opinions are valued, but I couldn't have done it with all of you reading and supporting the blog, so thank you! Let's smash it! 

What I'm Listening To At This Very Moment


A bit of Dutch black metal for today. Really been getting into the Dutch and German black metal bands at the moment, there is a surprising amount of uniqueness in both scenes to be fair. Alongside Verwoed, I really like Turia, both bands have some epic riffs and create some awesome atmospheres. 

What I've Been Jamming To This Week

Well, it's been an eclectic mix of genres this week, whilst metal and rock still number one, I've listened to a fair bit of folk, 80s classics and loads of others as I have to play the "socially acceptable" music at work. Personally, I can't see what's wrong with blasting brutal death metal at the customers, but that's just me. With this in mind, I'm still spinning Sur Austru's album (which I reviewed earlier in the month), I just love how unique the sound is and it is still captivating me!


Regained Reading Motivation And A Lucky Strike

So, recently my musical motivation and creativity has naturally slumped after the monumental amount of work I put into Witchwood Wizard & The Psychic Yeti over the last few months. Whilst ideas brew and fester, I've picked up my reading pace again, recently finishing the action packed Saga of King Harold Kraki. One of the best purchases I have made book wise recently, is a Reader's Digest Folklore, Myths & Legends Of Great Britain from 1973. One of the most comprehensive books on folklore in Britain and it will serve as a great tool for musical inspiration whilst helping me learn more about the folklore on these haunted isles!


Another Busy Week Ahead, Thank You For Your Patience 

I have another heavy work week to look forward to so I will be working hard to balance everything but I'll get there. I'm determined to hit my hits target and keep you guys supplied with the latest albums blasting in my ears. It's been a monumental year for the blog, so I thank you all again for your continued support! 🤘 

Comments