The Miscellaneous Goings On Of Tom - 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 In The Land Of The Dragon 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿


Went Off To Slay A Few Dragons

I am freshly back from my holiday in the Land Of The Dragon, or as normal people would call it Wales. It's been so good to get away and see some different scenery and be surrounded by the Welsh countryside, very inspiring stuff for someone like me. After all the COVID restrictions, it was so good to see my Grandparents and help them out on their small holding. Jobs like cleaning out coal sheds, ground clearance, tree management, just manual labour jobs out in the air. I've missed the gym for sure and it was awesome to see I still had my strength after doing all those jobs. I also had the pleasure to check out a fascinating book in my grandma's library, a giant book on English folklore, myths and legends. I've never really seen many good books on English folklore and beliefs from centuries gone by, but this book had everything! My imagination has been filled with mystical stories of devils, fairies and beasts from across the UK. I've always had an affinity with Black Shuck, the demon black dog of East Anglia and more locally the Witch of Wookey Hole. Although Wicca and Neo-paganism is still prevalent in this country, we have lost touch with some of our most earthly spiritual instincts that make this set of islands so mystical and dark. It was also enjoyable to take my camera up there and take a few pictures of the landscape and be arty. My favourite ones though are of my Mjölnir, I've felt a real resurgence in my spirituality recently and it seemed fitting to make my hammer of Thor look amazing with the countryside backdrop. The advice in Hávamál has been so insightful to me recently and has helped me with my self-understanding and how to face the challenges of life. As far as the dragon slaying went, Sigurð slayer of Fafnir had got there first and left none for me! Either that or Daenerys Targaryen found them...






A post shared by Tom Fordham (@tfordyy96) on

What I'm Listening To At This Very Moment



Checking out the latest Batushka EP, Raskol, I have no idea what it's about yet, but judging by the imagery of a Rasputin type figure, this will probably have amply criticism of various things in the Orthodox sphere. Hopefully it isn't as lacking as Hospodi but we shall see. I'll end up reviewing it wither way.

What I've Been Jamming To This Week

Well, I've listened to music where I can in between all the quality family time and yard jobs, as a result my taste was a bit erratic this week for sure, going from chilled out to full throttle! Even with that in mind though, I still can't get enough of Havukrunnu's latest album, it just gives me chills every time I hear it and sets of my imagination like no tomorrow. You can check out my review of it here.



Repping The West Country In The Welsh Hills

It's not all seriousness and darkness over at Fjordhammer, I certainly did my fair bit of messing around, and I think the two pictures below sum it up! In my finest West Country working attire, I thought I'd get a picture sat in a wheelbarrow and the rest they say is history...

It's always been a mini dream of mine to work in the countryside, on the land. There is something so free about working outside and hopefully my career prospects will take me there one day.


Back To The Grind

Anyway, it is now back to the grind of every day life back in Wiltshire. There are reviews to be written and music to be played, beer to be drunk and sun to hide from. Seriously, going back down here from a relatively cool mid-Wales to the hell hole that is Southern England, the heat and humidity feels ten times worse! As always, thank you for all your support, Fjordhammer is slowly working its way towards 10,000 hits and I am determined to hit that goal before the end of the year.

Keep rockin! 🤘🖤

Comments