The Metal Scholar's Weekly Listening List (4th August 2020)

Surrounded by hills, trees and creatures

I am currently on a much needed break from the world in the land of the Dragon, and it has been so refreshing thus far. In the middle of nowhere, surrounded by hills, trees, and nature, I have mental been able to set my imagination free and decompress from the stresses caused by a nearly post-covid normality. It is well worth the three hour car journey, however the daily battle with a cat allergy is something I wish I didn't have to do! One thing I have enjoyed is immersing myself in all the colours of summer and taking my camera out and about and try to be arty with a few pictures. I juts wish I had my guitar up here to write some music, this lush and vibrant setting would be perfect to sit in and generate many ideas for future projects. It has been hard to fit some music listening in over the last few days as I have been busy doing manual labor, cleaning coal sheds for example. It hasn't got in the way though and I have managed to listen to some kick ass tunes from across the lands! So, without further ado, this weeks lists!






Singles Of The Week

I. The Infernal Sea (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - Befallen Order (Apocalyptic Witchcraft), Black Metal 
II. LIK (๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Decay (Metal Blade Records), Death Metal
III. Infera Buro (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Mining Shadows For Unlight (Prosthetic Records), Black Metal
IV. Necrot (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Your Hell (Tankcrimes), Death Metal
V. Katalepsy (๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ) - Night Of Eden (Unique Leader Records), Brutal Death/Groove Metal
VI. Disavowed (๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ) - Defractured In Contemplation (Brutal Mind), Brutal Death Metal
VII. Jupiterian (๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ท) - Voidborn (Transcending Obscurity Records), Sludge/Death/Doom Metal 
VIII. Master Charger (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - Earthbound Hellbound (Off Yer Rocka Recordings), Doom/Stoner Metal
IX. Ripped To Shreds (๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ผ/๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Rotting Stenches Unknown (Horror Pain Gore Death Productions), Death Metal
X. Goatreich (๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Lightbringer (Independent), Black Metal

Albums Of The Week

I. Katalepsy (๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ) - Terra Mortuus Est (Unique Leader Records), Brutal Death/Groove Metal 
II. Disavowed (๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ) - Revocation Of The Fallen (Brutal Mind), Brutal Death Metal
III. Gernotshagen (๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Ode Naturae (Independent), Pagan Black/Folk Metal
IV. Ancst (๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Celestial (Lifeforce Records), Black Metal/Crust, Drone/Dark Ambient
V. Circle Of Beings (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Sacred Ground (Independent), Pagan Black Metal

Throwback Of The Week

This week's throwback is split between two albums that I love with all my heart. One's influence over me has been nothing short of magical as it introduced me into some of the origins of black metal, which I know and love today. The other is one I've gotten heavily into recently, and again showed me the origins of black metal in England, so this week's throwbacks are;

Bathory (๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Bathory (Black Mark Production), Black Metal

Venom (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - Welcome To Hell (Neat Records), Black Metal

















































Weekly Listening Playlist

Comments