The Metal Scholar's Weekly Listening List (6th October 2020)

Soaking Up The Celestial Energy & Sending My Imagination Into Overdrive

As the rain has battered my windows and the wind has howled around my house, a full moon shining its light down on me as I walk home, with the leaves taking on their autumnal shades, it is fair to say I am fully embracing autumn and Hallowe'en! Even though the month is still young, my rainy walks in the woods and cosy cold nights have got me living my absolute dream. As a result, it has sent my imagination and creativity into overdrive, accompanied by some amazing albums I have a whole world's events taking place in my head with a host of fascinating and interesting characters, probably something to do with the books I'm reading...
Anyway, I imagine that a lot of you feel the same at the this time of year, there is no summer heat sucking your life energy out of you and everything takes on a new kind of splendour. I can wax lyrical about this season for a long time, but that isn't what you're here for (I should probably start a creative writing blog or something for that). The start of the month has seen some intriguing albums presented to us from Enslaved and Isengard, and I'm looking forward to what other albums are coming out over the next few weeks! So, with this in mind, here are this week's lists.

Singles Of The Week

I. Anaal Nathrakh (🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿) - Create Art, Though The World May Perish (Metal Blade Records), Industrial Black Metal

II. Cruachan (🇮🇪) - The Hawthorn (Despotz Records), Celtic Folk Black Metal

III. Darkenhöld (🇫🇷) - Incantations (Les Acteurs de l'Ombre Productions), Black Metal

IV. Äera (🇩🇪) - Äer (The Crawling Chaos Records), Atmospheric Black Metal

V. Streams Of Blood (🇩🇪) - Freitodmaschine (Folter Records), Black Metal 

VI. Warkvlt (🇮🇩) - Inquisition (Sadist Records), Black Metal

VII. Horde Of Hel (🇸🇪) - Of Eternity And Ruins (Blooddawn Productions), Black Metal

VIII. Sjálfsmorð af Gáleysi (🇮🇸) - The Black Banner (Independent), Black Metal

IX. Svartsyn (🇸🇪) - Inner Demonic Rise (Carnal Records), Black Metal

X. Dehuman Reign (🇩🇪) - Serenede To The Blood Moon (F.D.A. Records), Death Metal


Albums Of The Week

I. Enslaved (🇳🇴) - Utgard (Nuclear Blast), Progressive Black/Viking Metal

II. Anaal Nathrakh (🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿) - Endarkenment (Metal Blade Records), Industrial Black Metal

III. Isengard (🇳🇴) - Vårjevndøgn (Peaceville Records), Folk Black Metal

IV. Horde Of Hel (🇸🇪) - Döden Nalkas (Blooddawn Productions), Black Metal

V. Sjálfsmorð af Gáleysi (🇮🇸) - Degenerator (Independent), Black Metal



Throwback Of The Week

This week's throwback is an album I hold dear to my heart. Musically and conceptually it captures my imagination whilst being progressive and intriguing. Having heard much of the songs live in 2017 and because they've released a new album, I've revisited this classic and fallen back in love with it. This week's throwback is;

Enslaved (🇳🇴) - E (Nuclear Blast), Progressive Black/Viking Metal


Weekly Listening Playlist 

Comments