The Metal Scholar's Weekly Listening List (8th September 2020)

As The Nights Begin To Draw In, I Have A Renewed Energy And Vigour!

A week into September and I feel so much energy around me, this is my season! My mind is beginning to fill with all sorts of spectacular spectacles and imagery of Autumn and Hallowe'en. With my British folklore book by my side, I'll make sure I don't fall victim to any wandering witches. I have also been overwhelmed this week by the amount of love for Witchwood Wizard & The Psychic Yeti album announcement, it's been a whirlwind week of shares and pre-orders that I did not expect but I'm so happy that people want to support this awesome musical endeavour. As for this week in music, my ears have still been a little temperamental so I've listened to a fair amount of Scottish and Irish folk music in between metal just to ease the ears back into it. I can feel the releases starting to brew as well, so I'm hoping there will be plenty for me to review over the coming months and we can get to that 10,000 hits target! Which at the time of writing, we are 677 hits away, and should I play my cards right, we should have no problem hitting that before the end of the year. Moving on without any further ado, here are this week's listening lists!

Singles Of The Week

I. Zeal & Ardor (๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ/๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Vigil (Independent), Post-Black/Atmospheric Black Metal 

II. Anaal Nathrakh (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - The Age Of Starlight Ends (Metal Blade Records), Industrial Black Metal/Grindcore
III. Macabre (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Lake Of Fire (Nuclear Blast), Death Metal/Grindcore
IV. LIK(๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Funeral Anthem (Metal Blade Records), Death Metal
V.  Ancst (๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Razed Eden (Lifeforce Records), Black Metal/Dark Ambient
VI. Cult Of Lilith (๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Enter The Mancubus (Metal Blade Records), Technical/Melodic Death Metal
VII. Infera Bruo  (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - The Breath Of Chaos (Prosthetic Records), Progressive Black Metal
VIII. Nominon (๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Rigor Mortis (Emanzipation Productions), Death Metal
IX. Dumal (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Through Fields Of Peasant Graves (Vigor Deconstruct), Black Metal
X. Whoredom Rife (๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด) - Ride The Final Tide (Terratur Possessions), Black Metal

Albums Of The Week

I. Cult Of Lilith (๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Mara (Metal Blade Records), Technical/Melodic Death Metal 

II. Nominon (๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช) - The Cleansing (Deathgasm Records), Death Metal
III. Dumal (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - The Confessor (Vigor Deconstruct), Black Metal
IV. Wytch Hazel (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - II: Sojourn (Bad Omen Records), Heavy Metal
V. Ritual King (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - Ritual King (Ripple Music), Stoner Rock/Metal







Throwback Of The Week

This week's throwback is something that really gets me into the Hallowe'en/spooky season mood. A classic album from a band synonymous with goth imagery and music. Not to mention that my favourite song of their's is Be My Druidess. If you haven't figured it out already, here is this week's throwback;

Type O Negative (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - October Rust (Roadrunner Records), Gothic/Doom Metal



Weekly Listening Playlist

Comments