The Miscellaneous Goings On Of Tom - Spiritual Reset (A Walk In The Woods)


A Feeling Of Pride & Accomplishment 

As I sit here in bed typing this morning, Oskar is fast asleep on my feet feeling the breeze from my window, which is his usual routine now and I have woken up feeling immense pride and accomplishment. Yesterday me and Sabrina set up a page for our musical project Witchwood Wizard & The Psychic Yeti (WW&TPY) and so far the response has been phenomenal! Something that was a DIY bedroom project in Quarantine/Lockdown has turned into this sprawling new world of music and adventure. I'm so proud with what we've done and all this love has been overwhelming in the best way possible! I had been debating a change of musical direction for a while as Vanaheimr wasn't fulfilling my musical desires, so when this came along I have been able to indulge my passions for 70s rock, blues, doom, etc. (I'm not listening them all, you know them by now). I feel so satisfied that mine and Sabrina's creation has enabled me to use my blues playing background in an interesting way. There is no rest for the wicked though, whilst inspiration is running high I'll keep honing this sound. While the world is chaos this has been a ray of light for me and uplifted me exponentially, so thank you all who have listened to the new single, shared it and the new page! It's mad to think it has been only two days since we riffed our way into the world! On another note, my spirits were also refreshed and indulged yesterday as my brother drove me to a place called Heaven's Gate, just outside Longleat, Warminster. It was the biggest woodland I have been in for years and reminded me of my days walking through the woods around Bielefeld Ridge when I lived in Germany. I also made my brother my band photographer as we managed to get some good pictures of me to update all my socials, as some of you may have seen. The view over Longleat was spectacular, rolling hills and patches of woodland, I was like a kid in a sweet shop! I think one of my favourite pictures from yesterday at the moment is this one, which can be found on WW&TPY's Spotify & Facebook.

Just your local Victorian dad looking chap in a battle jacket (circa 2020)

It has been an awesome couple of days for me and has given me a lot more hope and positivity as the monotony of lockdown marches on and seemingly endures. On a more serious note, people are still fighting for racial equality against a system stacked against them and rife with institutionalised racism, so I encourage you to read over the last Miscellaneous Goings On Of Tom, the situation is not resolved and the message is still incredibly important. While you're there support black artists in our metal  community (playlist links included).

What I'm Listening To At This Very Moment



Found this song recently on a playlist and it's from a London based Doom/Stoner band but I love the more psychedelic feel to it. The vocal melody is also super catchy so I can't get it out my head for starters! Will definitely be listening to more of Elephant Tree today, you probably should too.

What I've Been Jamming To This Week

My focuses have mainly been on getting the band stuff up and running, but while doing so I've mainly indulged in my black metal love this week. As too much fuzz while I work, although relaxing, can actually stop me getting stuff getting done as I get lost in it. It's mostly been my daily mixes as they have been absolutely insane lately, but one album I have been really enjoying is Nyrst's debut Osörk. However, the one that has really stuck out to me is Serpent Uncoiling by Sinistral King, an awesome infusion of black and death metal.



More Shameless Self Promotion (Sorry Not Sorry)

As mentioned in the opening paragraph I have now launched and official Facebook page for WW&TPY which if you fancied you could give it a like and check out our debut single Deep Rooted Black Magick! I've put all the relevant links for you in the Follow Me On Social Media link section in the sidebar ------->

In all honestly, thank you all for supporting the blog and musical endeavours! This has been a massive amount of time for me to personally grow and explore my mental state which now has me thriving through the power of creativity and reflection. Your support means the world to me and we're starting to break new ground! Keep rockin'! 🤘🖤

Comments