The Metal Scholar's Weekly Listening List (30th June 2020)

My Last Week Of Freedom

This confirms it, I am returning to work on the 5th July, it's been a great 3 months musically and for the blog. As I look back on it I'm so proud of what has been done with the time that has been given to me. I've listened to, written about and experienced loads of epic music and I'm fast approaching 200 posts on the blog! Even though the world seems to be falling apart at the moment, and this pandemic has show the fatal cracks in our system. We're all fighting for a better society so while we're all returning to work we need to keep the messages we've learned from this pandemic in mind until real change happens. It has been a weird time for me personally, so much change has happened within myself and around me, with many ups and many downs but ultimately I reflect on it and it has made me realise what I really want in life. With this in mind, I feel that I'm in the right psychological place to start taking steps towards that as well, which can only mean good things for me. However, with my last week of full freedom I will turn up the volume to the max, crack open a beer and make the most of not having workplace stress for a few more days. No relaxation week would be complete without some awesome tunes! Besides all the turmoil, 2020 has been another awesome year so far for metal and rock music, following on from where 2019 left off. So, without further ado, this week's lists! 




Singles Of The Week

I. Al-Namrood (๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฆ) - Sahra Yaesa (Shaytan Productions), Black Metal 
II. Walpuriga (๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท) - Altar Of The Goatbaphomet (Independent), Black/Death Metal
III. FRIISK (๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Kien Kummweer (Venetta Records), Atmospheric Black Metal
IV. Incantation (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Propitiation (Relapse Records), Death Metal 
V. Full Of Hell (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Language Of Molting Cherubs (Williams Street Records), Noise/Grindcore/Death Metal
VI. Ingested (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - No Half Measures (Unique Leader Records), Brutal Death Metal
VII. Skลhsla (๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช) - The Hung Parish (Iron Bonehead Productions), Black Metal
VIII. Cryfemal (๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Reencarnaciรณn (Immortal Frost Productions), Black Metal
IX. Hornwood Fell (๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น) - The Divine Right Of Kings (Kadabra Music), Black Metal
X. Norvhar (๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ) - Skyline Of Fame (Independent), Epic Folk Metal

Albums Of The Week

I. Cryfemal (๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Eterna Oscuridad (Immortal Frost Productions), Black Metal 
II. Al-Namrood (๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฆ) - Wala'at (Shaytan Productions), Black Metal
III. Varus (๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช) - A New Dawn (Independent), Symphonic Folk Metal
IV. Hornwood Fell (๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น) - Cursed Thoughts I - II (Kadabra Music), Black Metal
V. Hellripper (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ) - Coagulating Darkness (Independent), Black/Speed Metal


Throwback Of The Week

This week's throwback isn't really an album but a two track EP. It was made in a year where I didn't even know black metal existed but it captures everything I now love about Polish black metal. This overarching darkness with an extra aggressive edge that I can't explain. Two tracks full of black metal fury! This week's throwback is;

Mgล‚a (๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฑ) - Further Down The Nest (Todeskult), Black Metal



Weekly Listening Playlist

Comments