The Metal Scholar's Weekly Listening List (10th March 2020)



Halfway To 500!

The Metal Scholar's Weekly Listening Playlist is currently at 250 songs (260 after this week)! With it being halfway to 500 songs, by the summer I'll have an ultimate playlist to blast through my new mini speaker, which I only paid £10 for. I honestly nearly didn't start putting these songs into a playlist but I'm glad I did, despite having to trawl through older posts to get all songs on it. What would really interest me is how many countries have featured on these lists? Surely there is an algorithm or programme you can use to track which emoji codes I've used and quantify them? Not my territory though, so I'll hope that some one feels up for the challenge, while I make them a killer playlist. Anyway, best I get on with this weeks lists before I have to go to work!

Singles Of The Week
I. Heaven Shall Burn (🇩🇪) - Eradicate (Century Media Records), Deathcore 
II. Myrkur (🇩🇰) - Gudernes Vilje (Releapse Records), Folk/Black Metal
III. Apocalyptica (🇫🇮) - Live Or Die (ft. Joakim Brodén) (Silver Lining Music), Neo-Classical Metal
IV. Naglfar (🇸🇪) - Cerecloth (Century Media Records), Black Metal
V. Nexorum (🇳🇴) - Cataclysmic Rebirth (Non Serviam Records), Blackened Death Metal
VI. Soliloquium (🇸🇪) - The Discarded (Rain Without End Records), Doom/Death Metal
VII. Endless Forms Most Gruesome (🇫🇮) - A Thousand Years In Hell (Independent), Death/Doom Metal
VIII. Acherontas (🇬🇷) - The Offering Of Hemlock (Agonia Records), Black Metal
IX. Sjálfsmorð Af Gáleysi (🇮🇸) - Angel Without Wings (Independent), Black/Doom/Death Metal
X. Havamal (🇸🇪) - Berserker (Art Gates Records), Melodic Death Metal

Albums Of The Week
I. Nexorum (🇳🇴) - Death Unchained  (Non Serviam Records), Blackened Death Metal 
II. Sjálfsmorð Af Gáleysi (🇮🇸) - The Runis Of Eden (Independent), Black/Doom/Death Metal
III. Havamal (🇸🇪) - Tales from Yggdrasil (Art Gates Records), Melodic Death Metal
IV. Tribvlation (🇸🇪) - The Children Of The Dead (Century Media Records), Death/Gothic Metal
V. Durbatuluk (🇩🇪) - The Very First Dream Of Darkness (Independent), Black Metal

Throwback Of The Week

This week's throwback is a ground shattering monster, from Swedish "Djent" godfathers Meshuggah! ObZen contains many of what would be many of my favourite Meshuggah riffs, but 2012's Koloss was the turning point that got me into them. This weeks throwback is;

Meshuggah (🇸🇪) - Koloss (Nuclear Blast), Progressive Metal




Weekly Listening Playlist

Comments