The Metal Scholar's Weekly Listening List (16th February 2021)

Another Tour Postponed...When Will It End? 

Annoyingly but unsurprisingly I was greeted with the news that the Mayhem EU tour has been postponed again. We all knew it was coming but it is becoming so saddening. I've mentioned how much I miss live gigs in previous weeks so I won't dwell on it, but in the quest to kill the ever increasing boredom with things to do and to look forward to, it's becoming increasingly draining. Anyway, I've got my eye on some good releases coming up which I'm hoping to review shortly as I've been quite quiet over the last week or so. The overwhelming feeling of loosing my mojo is starting to get to me as I know I haven't so I am determined to find some good albums to share my thoughts on for you guys. Hopefully you all read my Valentines day special Miscellaneous Goings On Of Tom over the last couple of days, where I share my thoughts on how it's felt the last couple of weeks or so and how it is รผber metal to love and take care of yourself in these trying times. One positive that I am taking to heart is that we are only a coupe of weeks away from the delights of spring, and hopefully I will be sat in my garden reading and doing all my necessary jobs. So, as we find ourselves trying to cure the boredom that has hit heavier and harder in this lockdown, I aim to alleviate it with these epic tunes that I have discovered this week.

Singles Of The Week

I. Black Spiders (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - Ancient Astronaut (Dark Riders), Hard Rock 

II. Rings Of Saturn (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Abducted (Unique Leader Records), Technical Deathcore 

III. Hogstul (๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด) - Tomb (Independent), Symphonic Black Metal

IV. Decline Of The I (๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท) - The Veil Of Splendid Lies (Agonia Records), Post-Black Metal

V. Altarage (๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Magno Evento (Season Of Mist Underground Activists), Black/Death Metal

VI. Cadaveria (๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น) - Divination (Independent), Black/Gothic Metal

VII. Nocternity (๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท) - Harps Of Ancient Temples (Amor Fati Productions), Black Metal

VIII. Odal (๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Leuchtend Tobt Der Geisterwald (Eisenwald), Pagan Black Metal

IX. Aara (๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ) - Nimmermehr (Debemur Morti Productions), Atmospheric Black Metal

X. Saille (๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช) - Empty Expanse (Black Lion Records), Symphonic Black Metal



Albums Of The Week

I. Rings Of Saturn (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Embryonic Anomaly Remake (Unique Leader Records), Technical Deathcore 

II. Nocternity (๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท) - EPs 1998 - 2010 (Amor Fati Productions), Black Metal

III. Odal (๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Leuchtend Tobt Der Geisterwald (Eisenwald), Pagan Black Metal

IV. Wintaar (๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ) - Ice Heart of The Urals (Independent), Atmospheric Black Metal

V. Hogstul (๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด) - Ominous Fragmenta Tuptdalr (Independent), Symphonic Black Metal



Throwback Of The Week

This week's throwback is one that I've come back to many times before. It is a great way to connect with something bigger than you are and having had their new album worm it's way into my brain for permanent residence, it's hard to to go back and see where it started. So this week's throwback is;

Wardruna (๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด) - Runaljod - Gap Var Ginnunga (Fimbuljod Prodcutions/By Norse Music/Indie Recordings), Nordic Folk

Favourite Song:

Weekly Listening Playlist

Comments