The Metal Scholar's Weekly Listening List (1st December 2020)

 

The First Day Of December

Well, what a year, we now find ourselves at the beginning of the festive month and can see the end of 2020 shining like the North Star above us, probably guiding us into more chaos, but as long as the music is good who cares? I'm somewhat looking forward to Christmas/Yule, this year has been too strange for me to really feel festive right now, as the build up has been blasted at us since the first of November, I haven't had my traditional Christmas/Yule shopping trip that usually finishes with a pie and pint in The Raven in Bath. It's all just been a bit deflating not being able to carry out my Christmas/Yule traditions. One thing I am thankful for is that I haven't heard that god awful Mariah Carey song, oh I dislike it with a strong and visceral passion. Whilst I'm also looking at a return to work in this merry-go-round of Government confusion and mismanagement, I won't let it dampen my festive sprit when it eventually shows up. One thing I am excited for is the arrival of my Yule Goats from Grimfrost, if I decorate my workspace that may aid in summoning up the proverbial festive cheer. Anyway, we have a whole month to discuss Christmas, so I better get on with this week's lists!

Singles Of The Week

I.  Green Druid (πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ) - A Throne Abandoned (Earache Records), Stoner/Doom Metal

II. Psycroptic (πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί) - The Watcher Of All (Agonia Records), Technical Death Metal

III. Cadaver (πŸ‡³πŸ‡΄) - Let Me Burn (Nuclear Blast), Death Metal

IV. Mongrel's Cross (πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί)  - What The Cards May Tell (Hells Headbangers Records), Thrash/Black Metal

V. Ondskapt (πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ) - Devotum In Legione (Osmose Productions), Black Metal

VI. Lord Belial (πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ) - Hellspawn (Vic Records), Black Metal

VII. Svartghast (πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ)  - The Fall Of The First (Dusktone), Symphonic Black Metal

VIII. Mork (πŸ‡³πŸ‡΄) - Pesta (Peaceville Records), Black Metal

IX. Azarath (πŸ‡΅πŸ‡±) - Profanation (Agonia Records), Death/Black Metal

X. Sol de Sangre (πŸ‡¨πŸ‡΄) - Dismal Blasphemies (Navaja Music), Death Metal


Albums Of The Week

I. Batushka (πŸ‡΅πŸ‡±) - ЧСрная Литургия / Black Liturgy (Witching Hour Productions), Black Metal 

II. Cadaver (πŸ‡³πŸ‡΄) - Edder & Bile (Nuclear Blast), Death Metal

III.  Mongrel's Cross (πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί)  - Arcana, Scrying and Revelation (Hells Headbangers Records), Thrash/Black Metal

IV. Ondskapt (πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ) - Grimoire Ordo Devus (Osmose Productions), Black Metal

V. Lord Belial (πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ) - Wrath Of Belial (Vic Records), Black Metal



Throwback Of The Week

This week's throwback is one that I have been listening to a lot in anticipation for their new album coming out this week and because I've been rewatching Vikings. If you haven't guessed by that then I wonder if you've read anything on this blog? Anyway, we all know it's Wardruna, and this album is phenomenal in so many ways that I can't describe it. 

Wardruna (πŸ‡³πŸ‡΄) - Runaljod: Ragnarok (Fimbulljod Productions), Nordic Folk

Favourite Song

Weekly Listening Playlist

Comments