The Metal Scholar's Weekly Listening List (25th May 2020)

In Typical British Fashion, It's All Going Tits Up

Well, it seems like people think that the COVID crisis has become a bit of a joke to some people. With Government essentially giving the green light for the public to flock to beaches in the sun, letting children go back to school and beginning to open up again, despite an increase in confirmed cases and deaths. I'm embarrassed to be honest, it seems that a lot of us are still sticking to the rules, having not seen family or friends in weeks, and the Prime Minister's aide drives 269 miles from London to Durham and seemingly gets away with it. I am personally at my wits end with Government and chain companies putting profits before people. They're incompetence has cost lives and is set to cost more. So, it's all going a bit tits up over here and I am embarrassed for the UK. For those of us still hanging in there with this laborious lockdown, keep going, we will benefit fully when we get the all clear. In the meantime, we can listen to some awesome music, crack a beer open, and sit in the garden enjoying the upcoming summer the best we can. I know I have been, doing my daily exercise and then enjoying the sun for the rest of the afternoon. I know summer has essentially been cancelled but I think we can all be creative with our time. One thing I'm more upset about is the reality of going back to a less than ideal job for 35-40 hours a week, in a company that doesn't value it's staff. My mental health has has a major reset and I've lived the life of a creative, one that I long for all the time and it will prove very hard to let go. Anyway, on with this week's lists!

Singles Of The Week

I. Fleshgod Apocalypse (๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น) - Reise, Reise (Nuclear Blast), Symphonic/Technical Death Metal 
II. Mustan Kuun Lapset (๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ฎ) - Kohti Valoa (Inverse Records), Melodic Black Metal
III. Inter Arma (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Citadel (Relapse Records), Sludge/Blackened Death Metal
IV. Enslaved (๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด) - Homebound (Nuclear Blast), Progressive Black Metal
V. Eisbrecher (๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Stossgebet (RCA Deutschland), Neue Deutsche Hรคrte
VI. Vampire (๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Rex (Century Media Records), Death/Thrash Metal
VII. Seer (๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ) - Room A Thousand Years Wide (Hidden Tribe), Doom/Sludge Metal
VIII. Centinex (๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Derelict Souls (Agonia Records), Death Metal
IX. Mountain Witch (๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Back From The Grave (This Charming Man Records), Stoner/Doom Metal
X. Ruadh (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ) - The Rock Of The Clyde (Red Glen Productions), Atmospheric Black Metal

Albums Of The Week

I. Inter Arma (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Sulphur English (Relapse Records), Sludge/Blackened Death Metal 
II. Centinex (๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Death In Piece (Agonia Records), Death Metal
III. Ruadh (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ) - The Rock Of The Clyde (Red Glen Productions), Atmospheric Black Metal
IV. Orange Goblin (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - Rough & Ready, Live & Loud (Rise Above Records), Stoner Metal
V. Electric Wizard (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - Witchcult Today (Rise Above Records), Doom/Stoner Metal

Throwback Of The Week

This weeks throwback takes me all the way back to school, and given the leadership of the country seems intent in destroying the place, the song titles on this album seem very apt. With songs like Crucify Me, Fuck, It Never Ends, and Home Sweet Hole, you can see why I picked out this album after the torrid week the UK has had. It also brings back some epic memories from my school days and hanging out with my best friend, staying up late watching horror films then going for night walks in the depths of Autumn and scaring the shit out of ourselves. This week's throwback is;

Bring Me The Horizon (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - There Is A Hell Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is A Heaven Lets Keep It A Secret (Visible Noise Records), Metalcore



Weekly Listening Playlist

Comments