The Metal Scholar's Weekly Listening List (9th March 2021)

It Doesn't Even Feel Like We're In The Second Week Of March...

Well, the first seven days of March went bloody quickly didn't it? Before I know it it is Mother's Day on Sunday and soon some dude is going to tell me about the resurrection of Christ. Today I find myself in a much welcomed, upbeat mood, the sun is shining through my window and there is not a cloud in sight. I think I've been ranting too much recently and I think now I want to make sure there is a decent amount of positivity going round now. With spring hopefully booming soon, because I don't know what the hell that cold snap was about, everyone's spirits should be lifted by the sight of daffodils, green fields and the sun. Next to autumn, spring is one of my favourite times of the year, because it's warm enough to sit outside without feel like you've been put into an industrial furnace (heatwave summer, I'm looking at you.). Anyway, there's so much good music flying around at the moment, I'm doing my best to cover as much as I can this month! It was also pretty awesome to cover the new Mork release last week, as many of you know how much I love Darkthrone, it was epic to have someone that works with Peaceville Records reach out to me with that release, thank you so much For The Lost PR! Flex aside, let's get on with the week's lists. 

Singles Of The Week

I. Saille (๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช/๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ/๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Baleful Beauty (Black Lion Records), Black Metal 

II. Varmia (๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฑ) - Ten Blask Co Po Nim ลšmierฤ‡ (M-Theory Audio), Black/Folk Metal

III. Acid Mammoth (๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท) - Black Dust (Heavy Psych Sounds), Doom/Stoner Metal

IV. Mork (๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด) - De Fortapte Sjelers Katedral (Peaceville Records), Black Metal

V. Mental Cruelty (๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Ultima Hypocrita (Unique Leader Records), Brutal Deathcore

VI. Dope Smoker (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ) - Rise Again 1976 (Dense(s) Record), Stoner/Doom Metal

VII. Traumatomy (๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ต/๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ) - Patterns Of Tyranny (Gore House Productions), Slam/Brutal Death Metal

VIII. King Of Asgard (๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Frรดรฐr (Trollmusic), Melodic Death/Viking Metal

IX. Stormtide (๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ) - Awakening (Metal Hell Records), Symphonic Folk/Death Metal

X. Memoriam (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - Failure To Comply (Reaper Entertainment), Death Metal

Albums Of The Week

I. Brand Of Sacrifice (๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ) - Lifeblood (Blood Blast Distribution), Deathcore

II. Byrdi (๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด) - Byrjing (Trollmusic), Nordic Folk

III. Acid Mammoth (๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท) - Caravan (Heavy Psych Sounds), Doom/Stoner Metal

IV. Mork (๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด) - Katedralen (Peaceville Records), Black Metal

V. Stormtide (๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ) - A Throne Of Hollow Fire (Metal Hell Records), Symphonic Folk/Death Metal

Discovery Of The Week

A new section I want to add to the Weekly Listening Lists, it's all very well listing new albums and singles but sometimes we discover a band through older music. So in this section I want to highlight my discovery of the week, and hopefully you guys check them out! I want to focus on newer bands but there may be a few old ones of which I have been very late to the game. The band taking the first ever Discovery Of The Week crown is;

Black Hole Deity (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Lair of Xenolich (Everlasting Spew Records), Death Metal

Throwback Of The Week

I've been exploring a lot of death metal this week and I think there is one album that continually blows me away every time that I listen to it. It's disgustingly diabolical and the drum mix is to die for, trust me the snare will ring through your head for weeks. So, this week's throwback;

Cryptopsy (๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ) - None So Vile (Wrong Again Records), Brutal/Technical Death Metal

Favourite Song

Weekly Listening Playlist

Comments