The Metal Scholar's Weekly Listening List (30th March 2021)

Where To Start? What A Week.

In the world of Tom it has been a pretty unbelievable week so far. It seems as though all the hard work is starting to pay off but I must not rest on my laurels, no sir! What is exciting about all this is that I have finally got my foot in the proverbial music industry door and I have been handed an opportunity that I could not refuse. I'll probably explain more at a later date in a Miscellaneous Goings On Of Tom but for now I am for want of a better activity, revelling in my own accomplishments. This week also saw me branch out into live(ish) reviews with my review for Wardruna's livestream virtual release show, Flight Of The White Raven, which was incredible to watch. I have also lined up the first interview for Fjordhammer with the aid of Markus at METALMESSAGE, and all shall be revealed at a later date. In the meantime, releases keep dropping like bombs on my ear holes and there is still so much great music coming out at the moment that it's hard to keep tabs sometimes! Another massive single from Cannibal Corpse has appeared alongside Gojira, Nordjevel and so much more. So, without further ado, here are this week's lists. 


Singles Of The Week

I. Cannibal Corpse (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Murderous Rampage (Metal Blade Records), Death Metal

II. Gojira (๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท) - Amazonia (Roadrunner Records), Progressive Death Metal

III. Nordjevel (๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด) - Gnawing The Bones (Indie Recordings), Black Metal

IV. Borgne (๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ) - Vers Des Horizons Aux Teintes Ardentes (Les Acteurs de l'Ombre Productions), Industrial Black Metal

V. The Stone (๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Kosturnice (Immortal Frost Productions), Black Metal

VI. Noctule (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - Labyrinthian (Church Road Records), Atmospheric Black Metal

VII. 1782 (๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น) - Priestess Of Death (Heavy Psych Sounds), Stoner/Doom Metal

VIII. Khandra (๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡พ) - Irrigating Lethal Acres With Blood (Season Of Mist Underground Activists), Black Metal

IX. Celestial Sanctuary (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - Relentless Savagery (Redefining Darkness Records), Death Metal

X. Nattverd (๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด) - Naar Taaken Fortaerer Alt (Osmose Productions), Black Metal

Albums Of The Week

I. The Stone (๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Kosturnice (Immortal Frost Productions), Black Metal

II. 1782 (๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น) - From The Graveyard (Heavy Psych Sounds), Stoner/Doom Metal

III. Celestial Sanctuary (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - Soul Diminished (Redefining Darkness Records), Death Metal

IV. Azarath (๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฑ) - Blasphemers' Maledictions (Agonia Records), Black Metal 

V. Aara (๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ) - Triade I: Eos (Debemur Morti Productions), Atmospheric Black Metal

Discovery Of The Week

Coming out of Australia, this week's discovery is Stoner/Sludge/Doom Metal trio that creates dark, hulking and brooding riffs in a similar vein to Electric Wizard but with more aggressive vocals. The fuzz Portion these guys create is phenomenal and definitely ones to look out for!

Potion (๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ) - Oath To Flame (Independent), Stoner/Sludge/Doom Metal

Throwback Of The Week

This week's throwback is a stoner/doom classic. Just recently I've been in two moods, death metal or doom metal (death/doom is for when I can't choose). Being mesmerised by fuzz just seems to be a great escape at the moment, as it always is, and with the sun coming out it's even easier just to get lost under the heat of the sun. So this week's throwback is;

Electric Wizard (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) -  Come My Fanatics (Rise Above), Doom/Stoner Metal

Favourite Song

Weekly Listening Playlist

Comments