The Miscellaneous Goings On Of Tom - What Is Time? & Crazy Dreams


Lost Track Of Time But March Felt Like A Century

I don't know about you guys, but my whole concept of time has blurred and hazed its way out of my conscious thought. Whilst trying to formulate some sort of daily structure has been quite difficult, I have some how managed to keep myself busy to some extent. I can already feel that national patience is growing thin as Britain, despite being the best at queuing, hate waiting. As a nation we have become quite impatient as we just want our lives to crack on in this drudging cycle that we have become accustomed. However, we have now been forced to relax, and for me that has involved some increasingly strange and whacky dreams. I think this has come from the de-stressing, rest and recuperation we've all experienced during this down time, our minds have finally had the opportunity to clear themselves, dumping all the stress waste to be sorted and incinerated in our subconscious landfill. I've also had the time to do some creative writing, and a character that has been bounding around my head for the last few months has made his way onto the page. I don't know whether to share my creative writing on here however, I have toyed with the idea and will continue to do so until I have something worthy of my own high standards. Even so, what I'm getting at is this is a perfect time for everyone to be creative and work on something they've wanted to do. It has kept me semi-sane over the last two weeks and its been good to see how far I can get once I find the motivation and determination. One thing I loved reading in the news recently is that reading itself has seen a massive increase, with fiction and children's books being bought at high rate unlike anything I've seen! I'm currently immersed in Gothic fiction as you will know, but this fact made me so happy! Maybe we shall return to the great literary heights that the British Isles is best known for, I can only hope. Anyway, I feel like I have waffled and warbled long enough, I hope you are all staying safe and staying THE FUCK at home! đŸ¤˜

What I'm Listening To At This Very Moment

I've been doing some more Spotify depths diving and found some pretty awesome bands that I've taken great delight in blasting through my stereo system, alongside revisiting some classics and personal favourites of course. One album that has stuck out to me at the moment though is an American band by the name of Crepuscle (which is a Latin word for Twilight). Their album Heavenly Skies is an epic symphonic melodic death metal journey that makes you wish you were flying across the Aurora Borealis. Surprisingly it's quite uplifting for me to listen to and makes me feel powerful. I recommend it! 




What I've Been Jamming To This Week

I find in times like these, I turn towards spirituality for guidance. Having filled my head when I was younger with all sorts of fantasy, mythology and legend as a form of escapism and imagination food. Anything that can remind me of the happiness of those days getting lost in a world of my own creation, I latch onto like a barnacle on the side of a boat. With that in mind, it'll be no surprise that I've been listening to a lot of Wardruna, Clannad, Capercaille, Heilung, etc. A playlist I've really enjoyed recently is Spotify's Northern Spirits, there's a vast range of artists from Myrkur to Danheim and Nytt Land. The songs they've featured obviously run with a central theme but there are variations with each song, check it out for yourself;


Metal Culture 101: Battle Jackets

One think I absolutely love about metal is the battle jackets, I've never seen any other scene take to the biker style cut off quite like metal. I knew as soon as I started getting into the various forms of metal that I listen to that I needed to have one of my own. So, my two and a half year project commenced (I would have done it sooner but a lack of funds prevented me) and now I'm sat here with the majority of my jacket filled! I'm pretty proud of myself given the fact that I hand sewn every single one of them on, found ways to get round and conquer any obstacles (the pockets was the biggest challenge but a curved upholstery needle soon sorted that out!) in the jacket's creation. I should probably get some of those shiny spikes to put on the shoulders now though...but there is also the argument of starting another one...decisions. Anyway, my highlight is finally getting a Myrkur patch after waiting for what seems like forever for new ones to be released! 



Keep Feeding Your Brain & Stay Safe

Same message as before, keep reading, being creative and distracting yourself from the evils of the current world at the moment. Make the most of your state sponsored exercise as well, although we can't sit and drink cans with the lads in the field we can still enjoy the sun on long walks/runs/cycles. As always, I'm sending all my love to you, we can do this! đŸ–¤

Comments