The Metal Scholar's Weekly Listening List (7th April 2020)

Sun Is Out But I Have To Stay Inside 

Quarantine is starting to wear on the majority of us and it is starting to show. Trying to occupy ourselves with so many things because we're scared of boredom and not working towards something, which ultimately ends up in doing absolutely nothing, pretty much sums this up, in my own personal case anyway. I'm just struggling to decide what to invest my time in, reading and language learning seems like the best use but I've felt creatively constipated with some good ideas going round in my head that I am struggling to release. Even creative writing is an option, but with all this time and these options you get a little bit overwhelmed. Anyway, I'm still spending large amounts of buried in music as per usual. Besides, my body is feeling more relaxed than ever, my exercise routine is going well so now its just a matter of augmenting my existence with new found knowledge. The good weather is proving difficult to deal with, if it was raining, cold and dreary, I would have no problem staying indoors under my duvet. I am definitely longing to roam the fields and countryside and stay out all day but I cannot. However, as we've seen over the last few days, a minority of the British public decide to take it upon themselves to flout isolation/quarantine rules, I am angry, as it is prolonging this enforced isolation. Anyway, enough waffling and ranting from me, you came for music, so here it is!




Singles Of The Week

I. Winterfylleth (🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿) - Misdeeds Of Faith (Candlelight Records), Atmospheric Black Metal 
II. Vader (🇵🇱) - Into Oblivion (Nuclear Blast), Death Metal
III. Acid Witch (🇺🇸) - Worship The Worm (Independent), Death/Doom Metal
IV. Velnias (🇺🇸) - Pariah Of The Infinite (Eisenwald), Blackened Folk/Doom Metal
V. Ulcerate (🇳🇿) - Dissolved Orders (Debemur Morti Productions/Etrin Editions), Technical Death Metal
VI. Goats Of Doom (🇫🇮) - Mädättäjä (Wolfspell Records), Black Metal
VII. Xerión (🇪🇸) - Na Traza Esotérica do Ar Invisible (Schwarzdorn Production), Black Metal
VIII. Turia (🇳🇱) - Merode (Eisenwald), Black Metal
IX.  Ohol Yeg (🇹🇷) - Ölü Orman (Sazakan), Black Metal
X. Stigmhate (🇮🇹) - The Third Obsidian (Bakerteam Records), Black Metal

Albums Of The Week
I. Velnias (🇺🇸) - Scion Of Aether (Eisenwald), Blackened Folk/Doom Metal 
II. Ohol Yeg (🇹🇷) - Ölü Orman (Sazakan), Black Metal
III. Lindy Fay-Hella (🇳🇴) - Seafarer (Ván Records), Dark/Nordic Folk
IV. Nytt Land (🇷🇺) - Odal (Independent), Dark/Nordic Folk
V. Primordial (🇮🇪) - Where Greater Men Have Fallen (Metal Blade Records), Celtic Black Metal

Throwback Of The Week

This weeks throwback hails from the mighty North of England, Derbyshire to be precise. Probably one of the most upbeat bands and comedic bands to have come out of England, but have a unique brand of Grindcore that just gets you going. Taking the piss out of popular British culture and generally being awesome guys, this week's throwback is;

Raised By Owls (🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿) - The Great British Grind Off (Independent), Grind



Weekly Listening Playlist 

Comments