Vanheimr/Fjordhammer - Update 5th February 2020


Vanheimr/Fjordhammer - Update 5th February 2020

Here is is, my first update of 2020! 

First things first, I am happy to announce the release of a new Vanaheimr single, The Black Crown, that will be released on all major streaming services on 1st March 2020. It is a personal song, unlike most of my other subject matter, that is based on a poem that I penned that was very revealing to myself and I feel that this song reflects that. It's the first time I've adapted some of my creative writing into musical form, so I'm pretty pleased about it. As for the cover art, you can see it below. I feel this is all part of the new era that is laying itself out in front of me, hence the logo change, I have left the purple behind and come out of ambiguity to explore Vanaheimr in new ways, this is but the first step in that journey. 


Another D.I.Y effort from myself, I feel the image really captures the message and meaning of what The Black Crown is all about. Upon release I shall add it to the Vanaheimr Discography playlist, where you can hear all of my released music to date, including latest EP The Ghosts Of Our Past.


As for the blog, as I've stated in a recent Miscellaneous Goings On Of Tom, I have been undergoing some turbulence and maintenance in my personal life that has needed to be addressed for a long time. So, I am eternally grateful and thankful to you all for your continued support of the blog. I feel like I'm starting to get it back on track now and will hopefully give you more content! We're also fast approaching 5,000 hits which would be a huge milestone for me, so I need to step on the gas and stay on it! 

The best bit is that 6th February 2020 marks one year of Fjordhammer Music! ðŸŽ‰ 

Its been crazy how quick time has flown and how much that I have achieved since penning my first review to finding my review style. You guys have been there every step of the way, so have a beer to celebrate!

I'm also really happy with the way Fjordhammer History is going, yes those posts take longer and are fewer and further between but I have to make sure that I'm factually correct! The reason I launched Fjordhammer History was because I felt like something was missing, and I was indulging my passion for history as much as it deserved. By setting up that blog I was able to do so in a format that I have become accustomed to. Over time I hope that you guys will start to see what inspires me from the past and how all the material my brain ingests gets recycled and put into my music. As a result there are now two branches to Fjordhammer both of which have deep roots in my eclectic mind!

Again, thank you all for your continued support, keep on rockin'! 🖤🤘

Comments