The Metal Scholar's Weekly Listening List (8th October 2019)

Late Again? C'mon Man, No Excuses This Week!

I must admit I have been pretty slack this week, but then again that is the joy of modern life getting in the way. Despite this, I have listened to some killer tunes and properly dedicated some time to writing my own and it feels so damn good to be properly back at it again! With the release of the NEW Vanaheimr EP looming, it's been a great motivator and inspiration starter. I do need to get back on the reviews though, not done much of them but that is a matter for another time. With that in mind, let's crack on with this weeks lists!

Singles Of The Week
I. Nile (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Vile Nilotic Rites (Nuclear Blast), Brutal Death Metal 
II. Strigoi (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - Phantoms (Nuclear Blast), Black Metal
III. Kataklysm (๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ) - Guillotine (Nuclear Blast), Melodic Death Metal
IV. Harakiri For The Sky (๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น) - Fire, Walk With Me (AOP Records), Blackgaze
V. Vastum (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ)  - I On The Knife (Second Wound) (20 Buck Spin), Death Metal
VI. Konvent (๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ) - Puritan Masochism (Napalm Records), Death Doom
VII. Cattle Decapitation (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Bring Back The Plague (Metal Blade Records), Progressive Death Metal
VIII.  Warbringer (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Firepower Kills (Napalm Records), Thrash Metal
IX. Midnight (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Rebirth By Blasphemy (Metal Blade Records), Blackened Speed Metal
X. Alunah (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - Hunt (Heavy Psych Sounds), Stoner/Doom

Albums Of The Week

I. Winterfylleth (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - The Siege Of Mercia: Live At Bloodstock 2017 (Candlelight Records), Black Metal 
II.Non Opus Dei (๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฑ)  - Gล‚รณd (Independent), Black Metal
III. Abigor (๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น) - Four Keys To A Foul Reich (Avantgarde Recordings), Black Metal
IV. Rings Of Saturn (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ)  - Ultu Ulla (Nuclear Blast), Technical Deathcore
V. Vorna (๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ฎ) - Sateet Palata Saavat (Lifeforce Records), Black Metal

Throwback Of The Week

Going back to 2014, I was really starting to take an interest in how music worked. The in-depth and emotion triggering construction of a song. I was also taking an interest in how I could develop my own playing instrumentally. Although I will never in my wildest dreams reach this standard, the harmony and melodies captured my imagination and because I wasn't focusing on lyrics I could really emotionally connect with the music and not words. Still one of my all time favourite albums and absolutely groundbreaking for me. 

Animals As Leaders (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - The Joy Of Motion (Sumerian Records) 




Comments