The Metal Scholar's Weekly Listening List (14th October 2019)

Longer Nights For More Frights

Another gruelling week in the world of real life, but I promise to get back on it and motivated with some upcoming reviews and my October special (you'll probably guess the band I'll be writing about). Anyway, there have been plenty of tunes and albums that have kept me sane through the last week as well as reading my gothic novels that I've been buying myself, I am well and truly into Spooky Season! So, with out further delay my loyal ghouls and goblins, vampires and werewolves, beasts and monsters, this week's lists!




Singles Of The Week
I. Resolve (๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท) - Of Silk And Straw (Red Toad Music), Progressive Metalcore 
II. Ulver (๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด) - Ulvsblakk (Voices Music & Entertainment), Black Folk Metal
III. Cannabis Corpse (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Dawn Of Weed Possession (Season Of Mist), Death Metal
IV. Municipal Waste (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Car-Nivore (Street Meat) (Nuclear Waste), Thrash Metal
V. Annihilator (๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ) - I Am Warfare (Silver Lining Music), Thrash Metal
VI. Blood Incantation (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Inner Paths (To Outer Space), Progressive Death Metal
VII. Angel Witch (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - Condemned (Metal Blade), Heavy Metal
VIII. Bersรฆrk (๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ) - Dรฆmring (Osmium Records), Stoner Metal
IX. Borknagar (๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด) - Voices (Century Media), Progressive Black Folk Metal
X. Vacivus (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - Annihilism (Profound Love), Death Metal

Albums Of The Week

I. Kal-El (๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด)  - Witches Of Mars (Argonauta Records), Doom Metal 
II. Mantar (๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช) - The Modern Art Of Setting Ablaze (Nuclear Blast), Sludge/Black Metal
III. Aegrus (๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ฎ) - In Manus Satanas (Saturnal Records), Black Metal
IV. Profanatica (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Rotting Incarnation Of God (Season Of Mist), Black Metal
V. Exhumed (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Horror (Relapse), Grindcore

Throwback Of The Week

This album was one of the heaviest things I heard in 2013. It was dark, raw and grizzly and is packed full of inharmonious, resonating discord that will shatter the pieces of your soul in the most aggressive way possible. It was an album that definitely wasn't for the faint of heart at the time, with savage lyrical themes and shrouded in darkness, it was a force to be reckoned with. Unfortunately in my opinion anything that has followed it hasn't quite matched up. Anyway, the throwback of the week is;

Sworn In (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - The Death Card (Razor & Tie Recordings), Metalcore


Comments