The Metal Scholar's Weekly Listening List (21st October 2019)

Rewatched Lords Of Chaos, Just Sat And Listened To Mayhem All Day

As the title suggests, I have indeed rewatched the infamous Lords Of Chaos but with a less critical eye and enjoyed it for its entertainment value. As a consequence I've been rinsing through Mayhem's newest singles and I'm hyping myself up for Daemon, which is out in just over two weeks I think! As much as evil and darkness is all fun and games, I have a job to provide you, the metal loving public, with my weekly recommendations that I think you'll like (or not like, feel free to suggest to me some bands to check out, I'm always on the hunt for more!). It is also getting close to my birthday, it's coming up fast and I am not liking it, probably because its so close to Christmas. Anyway, here are this week's lists for your listening pleasure!

Singles Of The Week
I. Mayhem (🇳🇴) - Falsified And Hated (Century Media), Black Metal 
II. 1349 (🇳🇴) - Stand Tall In Fire (Season Of Mist), Black Metal
III. Obsequiae (🇺🇸) - In The Garden Of Hyacinths (20 Buck Spin), Melodic Black Metal
IV. Fen (🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿) - Nebula (Prophecy Productions), Atmospheric Black Metal
V. Sodom (🇩🇪) - Down On Your Knees (Steamhammer), Thrash Metal
VI. Profane Order (🇨🇦) - Hexed (Defiling God's Child) (Krucyator Productions), Blackened Death Metal
VII. Krater (🇩🇪) - Stellar Sparks (Eisenwald), Black Metal
VIII. Noctem (🇪🇸) - Coven (Art Gates Records), Black Metal
IX. Mefisto (🇸🇪) - Roots Ov Thy Soul (GMR Music Group), Black Thrash Metal
X. Rimfrost (🇸🇪) - Damned Jaws (CDS Records), Black Metal

Albums Of The Week

I. Black Tongue (🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿) - Nadir (Independent), Deathcore 
II. Watain (🇸🇪) - Trident Wolf Eclipse (His Master's Noise), Black Metal
III. Arx Atrata (🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿) - The Path Untravelled (Independent), Atmospheric Black Metal
IV. Teitanblood (🇪🇸) - The Baneful Choir (Norma Evangelium Diaboli), Blackened Death Metal
V. Borknagar (🇳🇴) - True North (Century Media), Progressive Folk Black Metal

Throwback Of The Week

This week's throwback takes me all the way back to 2007 (I didn't hear this album until the next year though). Metalcore is at it's peak and this album cover would become instantly recognisable. The album holds a special place in my heart and got me through some of the toughest times I would experience. The last album that Jimmy 'The Rev" Sullivan would appear on and is full of certifiable tunes. If you haven't guessed already, this week's throwback is:

Avenged Sevenfold (🇺🇸) - Avenged Sevenfold (Warner Bros.), Metalcore




Comments