Vanaheimr/Fjordhammer - Update 2nd May 2019



Update - 2nd May 2019

Hello everyone! It's been a couple of months that I've had this blog up and running and I definitely enjoy writing for you guys. I have had countless ideas that I have expanded and added too as well as stripping some back. I have a few things to cover regarding Vanaheimr mainly, as EP III is starting to move along again, after being put on hold due to various other "real life" commitments. The reviews will still be coming in, with Amon Amarth, Kampfar, 1349, Rammstein, Vader and a whole load more are releasing albums this month, so there's a lot to keep me busy! 

Anyway, Vanaheimr EP III is starting to regather momentum again. As a mentioned in the 28th March Update  that I was exploring lyrical themes, they are now starting to come to fruition as the inspiration slowly starts to creep in and I can confirm that lyrics for two out of the six songs are now completed. As much as I want to record the vocals for these tracks and get a new song out to you all, I was struck down by a cough which lead to voice loss which I'm slowly regaining, so in order for it to recover properly I'll have to be patient, frustrating though it is. So, I will use my available time to write lyrics for the remaining four songs. In the meantime you can listen to my already released songs  via Spotify, Apple Music, etc. I am aiming to release this EP later this year but time can only tell so I won't put a definite date on it. 




In regards to Fjordhammer, as I've mentioned there is plenty of albums coming at us in May in a brutal onslaught to our ears similar to the Battle Of Winterfell (No Spoilers here! Just watch the episode it's epic). However, I'm contemplating publishing a few poems that I have written on here, often my personal poetry aids in lyric writing and as I use poetic devices in my lyrics I thought it might be interesting for you to read some of my actual poetry. Either way, it is one of the many ideas that are floating around my dreamscape of a head. I'm also planning on doing more feature type posts where I go into depth about certain artists and how they have inspired me to be on the path that I'm on. I've done a couple that seemed to have gone down well, my next one will be on a little known band called Darkthrone and their "Unholy Trinity".

As always, thank you for all your support, it means a lot to me that people take time out of their day to read Fjordhammer and listen to Vanaheimr. Hopefully I am inspiring you guys as much as you inspire me to keep going on a daily basis. Keep those black hearts rockin'! ðŸ–¤ðŸ¤˜


Comments