Belzebubs - Pantheon Of The Nightside Gods


Key Facts

Country: ðŸ‡«ðŸ‡®
Genre: Blackened Death, Symphonic 
Release Date: 26th April 2019
Record Label(s): Century Media
Highest Chart Position: N/A

Band Members (Fictional):

HUBBATH - Bass, Vocals
SAMAËL - Drums
OBESYX - Lead guitars
SLØTH: Vocals & guitars 

Original Creator - JP Ahonen

Review
Rating (out of 5🤘):🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘
Favourite Track(s): Cathedrals In Mourning, Blackened Call, The Crowned Daughters, Dark Mother

Many people will draw comparisons of Belzebubs to icons of Brendan Small's Metalocalypse, Dethklok, but JP Ahonen's creation stands apart from the US equivalent, it is magnificent and equally brutal in it's own right. With Pantheon Of The Nightside Gods officially puts Belzebubs on the scene with devastating effect, after leading single Blackened Call graced us with it's presence last year.

Musically, Pantheon Of The Nightside Gods is an equal mixture of black, death and symphonic metal sounds alongside occasional ventures into the avant-garde, traditional heavy metal and prog areas of metal. With intricate and thought out melodies, accompanied by crushing chordal riffs and thundering drums, this is nothing short of phenomenal for a debut album. I have been looking for something like this for a while and Belzebubs more than delivered. I don't know what it is with Nordic countries and artists making awesome metal on a consistent basis but I am certainly not complaining!

I think out of all of my favourite tracks, The Crowned Daughters is the one I like the most. The overall death metal vocal style makes me think of Mikael Ã…kerfeldt of legendary Swedish prog masters Opeth, The Crowned Daughters, with it's acoustic guitar and clean vocals shows hints of Ghosts of Perdition (off of 2005's Ghost Reveries) for me and I absolutely love it.

The debut as whole definitely channels Emperor and Dimmu Borgir in various ways, influences that have definitely contributed to this epic sound. This epic fusion of metal styles is wrapped up nicely with some exquisite production. Everything is clean and precise whilst packing a devastating punch. The way everything is layered and processed compliments the songs, especially the synth and orchestral elements as sometimes they can be too overpowering or lost in the mix.

Image wise, I love JP Ahonen's style, when I first saw an image of Belzebubs I instantly loved it and told myself that I need to keep an eye on them once Blackened Call came out. Since then I've seen this creation grow and manifest into a brutal metal beast! If there is one think you need to do today it's listen to Pantheon Of The Nightside Gods you will not be disappointed!

Pantheon Of The Nightside Gods

Comments