The Fjordhammer Project: A New Beginning & Making A Change To Inspire Others

 

Hello!

It has been a while since you heard from me and for good reason, as I outlined in my Fjordhammer Is Taking A Break post way back in September. 2021 has been a mad year for music and I was burning myself out on a regular basis in an effort to keep up. Now however, I have had a rest, change of focus and a new idea;


They say that if you can't find what you're looking for then make it yourself, or words to that effect, I'm not sure if there is an actual phrase for it! Anyway, I want to use Fjordhammer as a platform to create a supportive, inclusive community where people share how their passions helped them with their mental health. It was the content that I wanted to read through my own struggles, to know that there is a silver lining around the black cloud that seemed to haunt me. This is a cause close to my heart, as a victim of bulling in various forms feeling excluded is not something any of us relish. So, I need your help! If you would like to contribute to this or you have someone that might be interested, I would love to hear from you! 

Don't hesitate to message me via these links;


I have chosen the Robin as a new emblem because it is a symbol of strength for me. These hardy birds are fierce and take on anything that challenges them, that is the message I want to endorse. It also reminds me of my Grandad, a man I love very much who was sadly taken from us by dementia. He fought for a long time, and never stopped smiling despite it all, so I also want to honour him for his bravery. 


I'm still trying to iron out a few things as this idea is in its infancy. Even so, I will keep all my previous Fjordhammer content live, as I believe it is important to stay humble and remember where we came from. Music is how this blog started and through that love I want to hopefully inspire more blogs like Fjordhammer.

I do want to emphasise that I only want people to share what they are comfortable with sharing and all posts will be labeled with trigger warnings where appropriate. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this, please share it around and I'd love to hear from you! 

Comments