The Metal Scholar's Weekly Listening List (28th January 2020) - 200 Songs & Counting!

Another Grey & Rainy Day

The weather has closed in recently with eerily thick fog and thunderous rain. Rather reflecting my mood the last couple of weeks also. Trying to find some semblance of solace in a troubled and over working and has been quite difficult that is for sure. Whilst I attempt to dig myself out of this gaping and deep hole that I've gotten myself into, I'll always do it with a soundtrack! I've heard all sorts of interesting songs this week, some that I did not expect to like so much, which is always refreshing. Also, I know the last two weeks this has been posted on a Tuesday, I was thinking of moving it to a Tuesday as I often feel burnt out on Monday's after working at the weekends! Hopefully this isn't too much of an inconvenience for anyone but if it means I can kickstart my blogging love again I'll make some changes! Anyway, on with this weeks lists!

Singles Of The Week
I. Sleep Token (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - The Offering (Spinefarm Records), Progressive Metal
II. Pure Wrath (๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฉ) - When A Great Man Dies (Eitrin Records), Atmospheric Black Metal
III. Asenblut (๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Seite An Seite (AFM Records), Pagan Metal
IV. Skogmark (๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ) - ร†ra Av Ensomhet (Soundage/Soyuz Music), Atmospheric Black Metal
V. Lychgate (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - Progeny Of The Singularity (Eitrin Editions), Avant-garde Black Metal
VI. Benighted (๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท) - Brutus (Season Of Mist), Brutal Death Metal
VII. Kosmokrater (๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช) - Irreversible Pathways (Vรกn Records), Black/Death Metal
VIII. Horned Almighty (๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ) - The Great Death (Scarlet Records), Black Metal
IX. On Thorns I Lay (๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท) - The Song Of Sirens (Lifeforce Records), Death/Doom Metal
X. Earth Rot (๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ) - Dread Rebirth (Season Of Mist), Death Metal

These songs take the weekly listening list up to 200 songs in total! And it is still growing every week! The majority is extreme metal but the countries and styles of music has been truly fascinating for me to explore. Check out the Weekly Listening Playlist below. 

Albums Of The Week

I. Kosmokrater (๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช) - Through Ruin...Behold! (Vรกn Records), Black/Death Metal
II. Sleep Token (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - Sundowning (Spinefarm Records), Progressive Metal
III. Forlorn Citadel (๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ) - Ashen Dirge Of Kingslain (Independent), Medieval/Atmospheric Black Metal
IV. Vvilderness (๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡บ) - Dark Waters (Independent), Post-black Metal
V. Grรฅt Strigoi (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ) - A Path Through Ashes (Independent), Depressive Black Metal

Throwback Of The Week

This week's throwback is considered one of the ancient scrolls, books, grails or whatever you want to call it of heavy metal. Released in 1970, it changed the music world forever and birthing from it all things heavy metal and its derivatives.  Easily identifiable and symbolic, I need not say anymore. This week's throwback;

Black Sabbath (๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ) - Black Sabbath (Vertigo Records), Heavy Metal


The Weekly Listening Playlist

Comments