The Metal Scholar's Weekly Listening List (21st January 2020)

"What's Going On? I Need My Weekly Tunes!"

Yes, I've had a tumultuous couple of unorganised and chaotic weeks that has put all blog writing out of alignment! A few setbacks recently has voided me of a lot of motivation for a number of things but I will cover them in another post, however a complete week off has done me good and I can continue to crack on with growing this blog once again. As for January, it has been pretty quiet on the new releases and in general in the metal world. Not much going on, which is to be expected in easily the most depressing month of the year, that has already lasted 10,000 days! Anyway, lets get back to business and give all you wonderful people some epic tunes to listen to while the frost and fog settles over the UK! The fog and frost has awaked my inner haunted Victorian character into life and has made me listen to all sorts of spooky and unnerving stories, as well as watching the final series of Vikings it has been a real mixed bag of music over here. So, without further ado, this weeks lists!
Singles Of The Week

I. Myrkur (πŸ‡©πŸ‡°) - Ella (Relapse Records), Black/Folk Metal 
II. Mephorash (πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ) - King Of Kings, Lord Of Lords (Shadow Records), Black Metal
III. Celtic Frost (πŸ‡¨πŸ‡­) - A Dying God Coming Into Human Flesh (Century Media), Doom Metal
IV. VLTIMAS (Multinational) - Praevalidus (Season Of Mist), Blackened Death Metal
V. Psycroptic (πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί) - We Were The Keepers (Prosthetic Records), Technical Death Metal
VI.  Dark Fortress (πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ) - Isa (Century Media Records), Melodic Black Metal
VII. Wayward Dawn (πŸ‡©πŸ‡°) - Apathy (Mighty Music), Death Metal
VIII. Medico Peste (πŸ‡΅πŸ‡±) - God Knows Why (Season Of Mist), Black Metal
IX. Behemoth (πŸ‡΅πŸ‡±) - Bartzabel (Nuclear Blast), Blackened Death Metal 
X. Blood Red Throne (πŸ‡³πŸ‡΄) - K.I.L.F (Mighty Music), Death Metal

Albums Of The Week

I. Myrholt (πŸ‡³πŸ‡΄) - Solens Soenn Og Maanens Datter (Independent), Black Metal 
II. Fjord (πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ) - Midvinterblotets SkaldersΓ₯nger (SkΓ€gg Records), Melodic Black Metal
III. Holy Fawn (πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ) - The Black Moon (Triple Crown Records), Post-Metal
IV. Dio (πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ) - Philadelphia '94 (OBD), Heavy Metal 
V. Lamb Of God (πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ) - Sacrament (Sony BMG), Hardcore/Death Metal

Throwback Of The Week

This weeks throwback will get me into the spirit for probably one of the biggest gigs I will ever go to. Yes, tomorrow I embark on a journey to Cardiff to witness the might Slipknot and Behemoth live in the flesh! This album was my gateway into black metal and to everything it contains, heavy and demonic in equal measure, I will forever thank it for getting me into the most amazing genre in the world. This week's throwback;

Behemoth (πŸ‡΅πŸ‡±) - The Satanist (Nuclear Blast), Blackened Death Metal




The Weekly Listening Playlist

Comments