The Metal Scholar's Weekly Listening List (18th November 2019)

A Month And A Half Away From 2020, Time Flies When You're Making Lists

Yes, I can't quite believe that 2020 is knocking on the door as we get ready to yeet ourselves into another decade of human existence. Of course the last 20s decade was a social revolution of decadence and luxury, unfortunately for us I don't think our 20s decade will be so full of promise. Despite the doom and gloom, I know that the 2020s are going to give us some phenomenal music and I cannot wait for all the amazing future releases that are yet to come. I will also be reflecting on some of the best albums and songs from 2019 and the decade as a whole as the 2010s much like most of my generation, taught us who we were and put us on track to become the people we are today. Anyway, enough of this reflection, it's not 2020 yet! In the meantime, we still have to fight the war on early Christmas music!

Singles Of The Week
I. Vildhjarta (๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Den Helige Anden (Century Media Records), Progressive Metal 
II. Karg (๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น) - Irgendjemand Wartet Immer (AOP Records), Post-Black Metal
III. Fleshcrawl (๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Ossuary Rituals (Apostasy Records), Death Metal
IV. Deathwhite (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Further From Salvation (Season Of Mist), Melodic Doom/Gothic Metal
V. Ekpyrosis (๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น) - The Abysmal Chapter (Independent), Death Metal
VI. ROSK (๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฑ) - One Minute, A Lifetime (Pagan Records), Post-Black Metal
VII. Disbelief (๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช) - The Waiting (Listenable Records), Death Metal
VIII. Left Behind (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Peeling Wax (ft. Matt Honeycutt) (Pure Noise Records), Hardcore
IX. Carnivora (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Bogdweller (Independent), Groove/Death Metal
X. Primordial (๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช) - To Hell Or The Hangman (Metal Blade Records), Celtic Folk/Black Metal

Albums Of The Week
I. Abigail Williams (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Walk Beyond The Dark (Blood Music), Black Metal 
II. Krater (๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Venenare (Eisenwald), Black Metal
III.  Faun (๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช) - Mรคrchen & Mythen (Universal), Pagan Folk/Neo-Medieval
IV. Liturgy (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - H.A.Q.Q. (Independent), Trancedental Black Metal
V. Dรถdsrit (๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ) - Spirit Crusher (Prosthetic Records), Black Metal

Throwback Of The Week

In honour of Twenty-Ninescene, this weeks throwback takes me back to the first band I became obsessed with in my emo/scene phase. Alesana, I can barely listen to them now as it brings back those harrowing school memories that the music helped get me through but equally it reminds me of all the times when life was simpler and less adulty. I knew there would be a time when these guys would get a mention as without them and Slipknot, I doubt it'd be into the music that I am in to today.

Alesana (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) - Where Myth Fades To Legend (Fearless Records), Post-Hardcore



The Weekly Listening Playlist

Comments